Monday, April 27, 2009

Paris on the mind

Arriving at my office early this morning, I began my usual morning routine: a cup of hot coffee, Apple Cinnamon oatmeal and clicking through the happenings of the world on CNN.Com. While roaming through various articles archived in the Travel section, I stumbbled across a few interesting pieces on Paris travel, Last Minute Hotel Bookings, Cheap Resturants in the colorful Latin Quarter, and Tips for French etiquette while dining. The wheels in my head have been turning ever since. When can I get back to this wonderful city? Many of my acquaintances argue that this city's allure has long since disappeared, and has become no more than a place full of tourists armed with digital cameras, and the ever so attractive "Fanny Pack". I beg to differ. But of course we are all inclined to our own opinion. As travel goes, opinions are born out of personal experience and that experiences in itself is purely subjective. So in my perception, my experience of this city has been nothing less than lovely and enjoyable. I am definitely looking forward to another visit. A bold espresso, chocolate banana crepe, and a stroll down my favorite bridge overlooking the Siene at dusk...there definitely is no arguing in my book, Paris is an amazing city to visit-hands down.

3 comments:

Ric Duncombe said...

These are subjective thoughts from your friends. If one sticks thier head in the sea, do they not expect to see fish? Cities are the Disneyworlds of the grown up generation and have been (especially Paris) for centuries. If cameras and fannypacks are the 'new' Paris, then isnt that all the more reason to go there and remember the old?

Jessica said...

We have a 14 hour layover in Paris in August. Unfortunately it is 8 pm to 10 am and we'll have the kids. So, our Paris experience will probably be limited to a hotel near the airport.

Anne Branch said...

Aah... coffee that's actually good; spotting matching shoes and bags on the Metro; eating dinner at 2 AM and thinking nothing of it. We'll be back one day!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...