Thursday, December 9, 2010

In the wee small hours of the morning...

My work week is usually a bit on the hectic side. I get in later than I'd like and often feel like I don't have enough time to get everything done. So in an effort to kick the day off right, I've started getting up earlier in the morning. As much as I'd like to be I am just simply not a morning person. This extra 30 minutes or so has now become one of my favorite times of the day, a little pocket of time that's all my own before the madness of the day begins. 
The world seems quiet. I put the tea on. My cat, Muffin, slowly, comes out of her sleepy haze. I munch on a little breakfast and think about the plans of the day. I feel having time to reflect and relax is so important to your person, especially during the craziness of the work week. It helps center you and feel more focused on what is important. So what is your favorite time of day? Do you have a little time that you call your own?
  I hope you have a wonderful start to your morning and a beautiful day!

7 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

That is a beautiful photo..I started to get up an hour earlier a few months ago too and it truly changed my whole day...I love that time when I can just think, enjoy my tea and reflect! Kisses, my dear

Unknown said...

My quiet time is early coffee and blog reading on my laptop- love it. That photo is stunning!

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous photo! My sleep pattern is sort of erratic. I love to get up early, like 5AM, eat breakfast and watch the sun rise. It's so peaceful.

Maya • Fashion Illustration blog said...

I would so love to be the morning person but... I don't know. I am thinking it's mostly psychological, but still I have trouble getting up early. At the moment I don't have time to excercise, and am always amazed when I read how some people get up at 4 or 5 AM to work out. I would love to be like that! :-)

M

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I like the hours when the Hubs is home and we're just relaxing

Liv said...

Hi and hello! This is one of the most amazing photos I ever seen. Nice blog!

Cheers liv

Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said...

I love this post, I'm starting to take more care of myself. I saw your lovely comment on my bog and I'm now following you, do you want to follow me back? :)

http://www.theafeminada.blogspot.com


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...