Thursday, November 18, 2010

Customized Holiday Gift Ideas

So the holidays are just around the corner and if your like me, the idea of joining the throngs of panicing,  insane shoppers at the mall just isn't very appleaing. You know the type  I'm talking about. They are usually carring 18 million bags, have a cell phone to their ear and are high from guzzling their Double espresso non-fat latte they picked up from Starbucks. Stay clear! These people are on a mission and if you're in the way, it could get nasty.
So, needless to say I try and start my shopping early. If you aren't too crafty but still don't want to settle for buying a generic gift certificate, I say think outside the box. Customized gifts are always a nice touch and it shows that you took the time to think about that peron's tastes instead of just taking a trip to the mall. Below is a selection of gifts I thought were both interesting and fun.
Enjoy!

1) Bookshelf Painting
Gifting a bookworm with particular tastes? Turn over a list of his favorite tomes to Jane Mount, the artist behind Ideal Bookshelf, and have her turn it into an illustration.
Available at etsy.com

2)  Mosaic Portraits
Artist Rosalind Freeborn’s paper-scrap mosaic portraits are the perfect cubist/impressionist counter to all those realist photos of you on Facebook. Just e-mail a picture and wait three to four weeks. After all, oil paintings are for squares.
Available at Rosalind Freeborn.

 3) Custom Yoga Mat
Downward dog seems more achievable when performed atop a custom Gaiam yoga mat. Pick out a graphic, color, and message (you can even download a picture), and the company will whip it up in a day or two, making you more than just a poser.
Available at Cafe Press.


4) Monogrammed File Folder
I'm a complete suckers for kitschy, graphic file folders (hey, anything to spice up the workday) and Dabney Lee at Home’s monogrammed versions are right up my alley.
Available at Aileen Invitations.

5)Vintage Inital Necklace
I completely fell in love with this vintage style necklace. Its delicate, feminine and easy to personalize. A unique and charming gift for a girlfriend or sister. The necklace also comes with a matching pouch and black satin ribbon tie that is made from a complete scratch out of unbleached cotton.  
Available at Etsy.com


6) Personalized Coasters
These are such a nice touch to have out when entertaining. I love the pattern and there are 25 the come in one set. Easy and classic!
Available at Etsy.


7) "You Are My Anchor" Personalized Necklace
This nautical inspired necklace is pretty with a slight edge and I love it. It is a A 3/4" sterling silver disc hangs from a sterling silver cable chain and is coupled with a sterling anchor charm. The disc will be hand stamped with your choice of name, word, date, or initials.
Available at Etsy.



8) Personalized Pillow
By now you can tell that I am a fan of Etsy, and HoneyPieDesign is one of my favorite Etsy shops. The pillow styles are fun, colorful and unique. The retro collection is fabulous and besides who wouldn't want a cute couch pillow with their inital on it?
Available at Etsy.com



9) Customized Stamp
For anyone who enjoys putting a magic touch to a hand written letter, a personalized stamp is just the thing. This site boasts a variety of different styles and you can customize it however you like. I'm sold!
Available at Etsy.com






7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!
I just put this on Twitter- loved your list. The first two are especially amazing and I also love the vintage monogram necklace. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment:) Have a great night!

o said...

These are great picks! I agree, it could get ugly out there during holiday shopping season LOL I love the idea of a customized gift:) Thanks for sharing ur finds above! These are fun!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com


P.S. Just posted ur button on my blog:) It works! Thanks again for fixing it!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! THank you so much for stopping by and following! YAY!
I hope to see you around again!
As for this list of gifts, its wonderful but is it sad if I want to buy myself stuff? LOL

XX

Stop By and Say Hi☺
Come Enter My Giveaway to Win a Free Personal Sketch!

Maya • Fashion Illustration blog said...

oh how I want number 3 and 4... Specially number 3 I need a new mat anyway and this seems like an idea from yoga heaven!!!!! :-)

M

MARTA said...

Such cool ideas...! Thanks for sharing!

Spencer. said...

Cute post m'dear - the vintage initial necklace is lovely
x

Nuha said...

haha that yoga mat is great! and I am soo wanting a custom stamp but we're currently renting. I will definetely get one as soon as we buy! xoxo


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...